Happy New Year, everyone! I’ve got a good feeling about 2016 – I think it’s gonna be a great year. And I want to make sure it’s great, too. I’m not normally the type to make resolutions, but I think it feels right for this year – so here’s The Crafty Nerd’s Resolutions for 2016!
- Post at least one new blog post a week. Even if it means spending a bunch of time wracking my brain to put together new ideas for blog posts. I’m creative. I’ll figure out something to write about!
- Actually talk about my craft projects regularly. Did you guys know I crocheted three blankets between August and Christmas? Three blankets. I think I’m about ready to swear off crocheting for a while. But you guys haven’t heard about that because I haven’t really been talking about my craft projects! Which is sad, considering the blog I write.
- Make at least one new costume for convention-wearing. I’m pretty sure the regular Indiana convention-going crowd recognizes my tutu-and-little-blue-jacket Pinkie Pie costume (and is probably bored with it by now) – so for this year’s conventions, I’m going to make at least one new costume. Will it be Grand Galloping Gala Pinkie Pie? Will it be Captain Janeway? Who knows!
- Keep up with my tasks and to-dos with Habitica. For those of you who’ve been reading my blog for a while, you might remember HabitRPG, the website that turns keeping up with your habits into a game. Well, the crew over there changed the site’s name to Habitica, and things are looking pretty awesome! A new mobile app was just released, and it looks really slick – and of course the same old “complete tasks, fight monsters, and level up” gameplay is there. (If you’re on Habitica and want to join a guild for crafty challenges and friendly chatter, check out the Crafty Nerds guild!)
- Experiment with a new type of craft project. There’s gotta be something out there I haven’t tried yet. I’ve just barely dipped my toes into the Tunisian crochet pool, and could try making a blanket or a scarf with a fancy design… And there’s way more out there to experiment with, and even more crafts that I haven’t done since I was a kid, like making a latch-hook rug! (Although given the massive amount of little yarn pieces that ended up exploding all over my room when I was a kid, maybe latch-hooking isn’t the best craft idea…)
- Organize my craft room! You don’t even want to see my craft room right now. It looks like Jo-Ann Fabrics and KnitPicks exploded in there. There might be a bed in there somewhere, too, and a ton of ponies. So, massive organization is in order.
That’s my crafty plan for next year! I hope all of you have a wonderful and crafty 2016! 🙂